Saturday, June 27, 2009

IBD Professional Gel Kit for Nail Extensions


I have been using the IBD Professional Gel Kit for nail extensions since 2005 and I absolutely adore this product. It did take a lot of persistence and hard work to learn how to apply my own gel tips but this product comes with a helpful instructional DVD which cuts the learning time in half. The hardest part for me was learning how to apply tips to my right hand with my left hand, I have a very lazy left hand so I always do my right hand first before I apply tips to the left hand. With tips on my left I would create a real mess of the job. In general I prefer Gel tips over Acrylic tips as they (acrylic) tend to wreck havoc on my own naturally growing nails. Every time I have gone to a salon (out of sheer laziness because I really don't need to) I have often left generally dissatisfied with something about the application. Its not that I am difficult to please. I am just this way weather it is my hair, make-up or my nails being done for me. I know myself better than anyone else and usually have a very clear vision of what I have in mind but something is always lost in articulation. I find it a much better option to patiently toil to bring my desires to fruition than it is to go to someone else that can't imagine exactly what it is have in mind. And I am much much too polite to puff, pant and hiss to have them correct it along the way especially if I am sitting in their chair and they are waving a big scissors/drill or other sharp object that could cause an "accident". LOL If you are at all like me and prefer the DIY approach then you will benefit from learning how to apply your own gel tips and create your own nail art (yeSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS you CaNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!) I will update this review with a recent picture of my own gel application and nail art.
In addition to the Kit you will need:
IBD Jet 5000 UV lamp & fan ($148) to set and solidify the gel.
IBD UV Top Coat ($5.95) it helps the gel dry faster and nails last longer.
IBD Soak Off Gel Nail System ($69.00) to remove the tips and gel at your convenience.
The IBD Professional Gel Kit ($85.99) contains the following:
A full color booklet contains step-by-step instructions on the latest gel application techniques. Kit Contains: 1/2 oz. Clear Gel, 1/2 oz. Clear Builder Gel, 1/2 oz. Ultra White Builder Gel, 1/2 oz. Pink Builder Gel, 1/2 oz. Ultra Seal Clear, 1/2 oz. Bonder, 2 oz. Cleanser Plus, 4 oz. Nail Prep, 5 Second Ultra Fast Nail Glue, 5 Second Gel Glue, Gel Brush, White Padded Files, Cuticle Pushers, Nail Tips, Instruction DVD

1 comment:

  1. It is a very nice and good post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete