Thursday, June 4, 2009

Proactiv Acne System


Proactiv Acne System : I use the entire acne system which includes the repairing lotion. I absolutely need this. Without it my skin breaks out badly. I have used it since 2004 and I had serious acne back then. It was ugly and embarrassing. Prior to Proactiv I used EVERYTHING including Retin-A, Accutane for 6 months, Antibiotics and the pill. None of these things gave me a permanent solution for the acne problem. Finally at my wits end a friend recommended Proactiv to me and within 2 weeks my skin was improving. It worked so-oooo well, I threw a little party with my friends to celebrate. I kept hoping the effects would last, I was so pleased. I have even been for facials and have been told that I have very clean pores which makes me feel proud because I never believed I could have beautiful skin. It will irritate your skin at first and it may make your skin feel dry. I used Cetaphil (Aqueous Creme) for the first 3 months as a moisturizer after appliying the Repairing Lotion to give my skin some moisture and soothing from the initial dryness. After the acne dried up my skin eventually normalized and now I get compliments on my skin all the time. When I have slacked off and stopped using it due to laziness, the spots begin popping back up as happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I had stopped using it for about 3 months and what do you know... those pimples began popping right up again. I use the face mask once per week and leave it on for 1 hour (the box says less). I recommend it to those suffering from acne as something to definitely try and persist with it for about 2 months and see it it helps you.

A word about the Proactiv Make-up: This was awful! The color was very ugly on me. The foundation was very drying and gives a whole new meaning to the concept of a matte appearance. Oh boy, never again. They should stick to the regular proactiv acne system which I love.

Three piece Proactiv Acne Kit $49.00 www.proactiv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment